Los Angeles/Ventura Office:
4590 E Thousand Oaks Blvd,
Westlake Village, CA 91362
Orange County Office:
200 Spectrum Drive, Suite 300
Irvine, CA 92618
Adam K. Treiger concentrates his practice on complex employment and business law counseling and litigation. Mr. Treiger’s employment law practice focuses on litigation prevention and day-to-day employment law counseling, as well as on representing employer clients, including businesses, private schools and religious organizations, in federal and state court, administrative or arbitration settings, and in typical matters including claims arising out of wage and hour, discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination disputes.
In addition, Mr. Treiger handles a wide variety of business and licensing transactions for firm clients, including drafting and negotiating all types of business, licensing and real estate agreements, forming corporations, limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships, and handling mergers and sale/purchase agreements. Mr. Treiger also successfully litigates, arbitrates and mediates many different types of business cases, including breach of contract, business torts, unfair competition and corporate/partnership dissolution actions. Mr. Treiger is an Adjunct Professor of Business/Entrepreneurship Law at California Lutheran University.
Mr. Treiger is a frequent speaker on employment law, business law and litigation issues, and has also authored numerous published articles:
- Treiger interviewed on NPR radio’s Morning Edition show regarding employment issues during the holidays. (December, 2011)
- Treiger interviewed on internet radio regarding information that service industry employers need to know about gratuities. (July, 2010)
- Treiger interviewed on internet radio regarding employment law and personal digital assistant (PDA) use. (July, 2008)
- “Dangerous Appearances,” Los Angeles Lawyer (Cover Article, February 2002)
- “To Prevent Sexual Harassment Damages, Have a Policy and Stick To It,” The Update (December 1999)
- “Civility Begins At Home, The Journey Toward a Rejuvenation of Professional Courtesy Begins with a Single Step,” Los Angeles Lawyer (November 1999)
- “Preparing Against Unfavorable Evidentiary Rulings in Arbitration,” Los Angeles Lawyer (June 1999) (which was co-authored by firm partner David T. Stowell)
- “A Weapon Against Violence In The Workplace,” Los Angeles Lawyer (November 1997)
- “The Rules,” Los Angeles Lawyer (March 1997)
- “Plugging the Russian ain Drain: Criminalizing Nuclear-Expertise Proliferation,” 82 Georgetown Law Journal 237 (1993) and reprinted in the S. Arms Control and Disarmament Agency News, Special Edition (February 1994)
- “Project, 23rd Annual Review of Criminal Procedure: The Warrant Requirement,” 82 Georgetown Law Journal 607 (1994).
Honors and Awards
Adam K. Treiger was awarded San Fernando Valley Business Journal’s 2015 Client Services Award and a 2015 Trusted Advisors Award. Mr. Treiger has been named a Super Lawyer by Thompson West’s rating service of outstanding lawyers for 2015-2020. Mr. Treiger has also won the Provisors Leadership Award for 2016, and he leads the Provisors Westlake Village 3 groups of professional advisors. Mr. Treiger also serves as the Legislative Committee Chair of East Ventura County Employer Advisory Council.
Education and Affiliations
Mr. Treiger earned his J.D. degree in 1994 from Georgetown University Law Center, where he served as the Senior Notes and Comments Editor for the Georgetown Law Journal, and where he graduated magna cum laude, and as a member of the Order of the Coif and the Dean’s Honor List. Mr. Treiger earned his B.A. degree with majors in political science and history in 1991 from University of California at Los Angeles, where he graduated cum laude with Honors Status, and as a member of the Dean’s List. Mr. Treiger has been a member of the California State Bar since 1994, and is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. He is admitted to practice in all state and federal trial and appellate courts in California.