Adam K. Treiger
Adam K. Treiger concentrates his practice on complex employment and business law counseling and litigation. Mr. Treiger’s employment law practice focuses on litigation prevention and day-to-day employment law counseling, as well as on representing employer clients, including businesses, private schools and religious organizations, in federal and state court, administrative or arbitration settings, and in typical matters including claims arising out of wage and hour, discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination disputes. In addition, Mr. Treiger handles a wide variety of business and licensing transactions for firm clients, including drafting and negotiating all types of business, licensing and real estate agreements, forming corporations, limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships, and handling mergers and sale/purchase agreements. Mr. Treiger also successfully litigates, arbitrates and mediates many different types of business cases, including breach of contract, business torts, unfair competition and corporate/partnership dissolution actions. Mr. Treiger is a frequent speaker on employment law, business law and litigation issues, and has also authored numerous published articles:
- Mr. Treiger interviewed on NPR radio’s Morning Edition show regarding employment issues during the holidays. (December, 2011); Click here to listen.
- Mr. Treiger interviewed on internet radio regarding information that service industry employers need to know about gratuities. (July, 2010); Click here to listen.
- Mr. Treiger interviewed on internet radio regarding employment law and personal digital assistant (PDA) use. (July, 2008); Click here to listen.
- “Dangerous Appearances,” Los Angeles Lawyer (Cover Article, Feuary 2002);
- “To Prevent Sexual Harassment Damages, Have a Policy and Stick To It,” The Update (December 1999);
- “Civility Begins At Home, The Journey Toward a Rejuvenation of Professional Courtesy Begins with a Single Step,” Los Angeles Lawyer (November 1999);
- “Preparing Against Unfavorable Evidentiary Rulings in Arbitration,” Los Angeles Lawyer (June 1999) (which was co-authored by firm partner David T. Stowell);
- “A Weapon Against Violence In The Workplace,” Los Angeles Lawyer (November 1997);
- “The Rules,” Los Angeles Lawyer (March 1997);
- “Plugging the Russian ain Drain: Criminalizing Nuclear-Expertise Proliferation,” 82 Georgetown Law Journal 237 (1993) and reprinted in the U.S. Arms Control and Disarmament Agency News, Special Edition (February 1994); and
- “Project, 23rd Annual Review of Criminal Procedure: The Warrant Requirement,” 82 Georgetown Law Journal 607 (1994).
EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Treiger earned his J.D. degree in 1994 from Georgetown University Law Center, where he served as the Senior Notes and Comments Editor for the Georgetown Law Journal, and where he graduated magna cum laude, and as a member of the Order of the Coif and the Dean’s Honor List. Mr. Treiger earned his B.A. degree with majors in political science and history in 1991 from University of California at Los Angeles, where he graduated cum laude with Honors Status, and as a member of the Dean’s List. Mr. Treiger has been a member of the California State Bar since 1994, and is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. He is admitted to practice in all state and federal trial and appellate courts in California.